Frequently asked questions about the seminar
- Who is eligible for operator training courses?
- What are the defining features of the modular operator concept?
- Which topics are covered in the “Product-Based KK1 Engine Technology” training?
- What does “training on all plant systems” mean?
- What prior knowledge is required for participants in the certified operator seminars?
- What learning and working materials will be provided?
- Is a laptop required for the seminars?
- Who are some of the typical participants in the seminars?
- Is the training hands-on?
- Are training seminars also offered on site at the customer’s plant?
- When do the courses begin?
- Are meals provided during the seminar?
- How can I sign up for a seminar?
- How do I find out about the dates of the seminars?
- What is the cost of the seminars?
- What do the seminar fees include?
- Who makes the hotel reservation?
- Which hotels offer special conditions to Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH?
- How do I get to the Training Center?
- Are parking spaces available?
- What do I need to bring with me?
What are the defining features of the modular operator concept?
The training content is organized in modules and tailored to the operators’ prior knowledge and level of experience. There is an appropriate training program for each level of expertise.
Which topics are covered in the “Product-Based KK1 Engine Technology” training?
In the course, instructors primarily teach basic knowledge of engine technology and students learn how to properly operate the system. The training also covers the necessary skills for independently performing simple maintenance procedures.
What does “training on all plant systems” mean?
The training opportunities for general, cross-system and product related systems engineering are geared towards participants who are seeking to learn how to safely handle independent system diagnostics and troubleshooting.
What prior knowledge is required for participants in the certified operator seminars?
No special knowledge is required for participation in the training seminar. However, the participants should be working in a technical profession and already have comprehensive technical knowledge of our products.
What learning and working materials will be provided?
For the duration of the training seminar, not only relevant documentation but also the required special tools and measuring devices are provided by the Training Center.
Who are some of the typical participants in the seminars?
The participants are preferably operators who will be responsible for the operation and basic maintenance procedures of our gensets. They will also be trained in how to detect and remedy minor malfunctions.
Is the training hands-on?
Qualified and competent trainers instruct the participants in small groups. The training courses are geared to the individual needs and requirements of the customers. The state-of-the-art and well equipped training facilities enable hands-on, straightforward training.
How can I sign up for a seminar?
Registrations are made exclusively by means of our registration form, which is to be completely filled out, signed, and sent to the Caterpillar Energy Solutions Training Center (please see upper-right contact box for address). You can download the registration form from the “Organizational Questions” page.
What is the cost of the seminars?
Please refer to the price list in the Seminar Program for current seminar fees.
Who makes the hotel reservation?
We would be happy to make the hotel reservation at reduced rates in one of our partner hotels. Please provide the relevant details concerning your arrival and departure on your registration form. Our shuttle service is not included for participants making their own hotel reservations.
Which hotels offer special conditions to Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH?
Our partner hotels include Hotel Mack, Mozartstr. 14 in Mannheim and the Best Western City Hotel Mannheim, C7, 9-11 in Mannheim.
How do I get to the Training Center?
If Caterpillar Energy Solutions has made the hotel reservation, a daily shuttle service is available to you. You will be picked up at 8 AM each morning in front of your hotel and brought back after training. Please provide the relevant details on your registration form. If you have made your own travel arrangements, please use the following directions.
Are parking spaces available?
There are a limited number of parking spaces available directly at the Training Center. For participants who have made their hotel reservation through us, there is the option of taking their own car to the Training Center on the first day of the seminar, leaving the car there and using the shuttle service starting in the afternoon. Please provide the relevant details on your registration form.