Mannheim, January 13, 2022
For many years, Caterpillar Energy Solutions has been supporting the research of the Pediatric Oncology unit of the University Medical Center Mannheim (UMM) with a yearly donation. The amount of €15,000 that Caterpillar Energy Solutions again donated at the turn of the year will be used for research of cancer and the cure of seriously ill children and youths.
“We are very pleased to support the important research work that the team of the Pediatric Oncology unit of the University Medical Center Mannheim has been doing for years”, says Peter Körner, Director of Caterpillar Energy Solutions. “We are glad to be able to contribute to the progress in the field of cancer research by means of our donation.”
The Pediatric Oncology unit is part of the Pediatric Clinic of the University Medical Center Mannheim. The donation of Caterpillar Energy Solutions is used for a research project on “brain metastases of pediatric carcinoma”. “We research how pediatric cancer cells reach the brain, as new insight could help to prevent this from happening and can be taken into consideration in the therapy”, explains Prof. Dr. med. Michael Karremann, Senior Physician of the Pediatric Clinic.
Apart from leukemia, brain tumors are among the most common types of cancer in children and youths. With its donation, Caterpillar Energy Solutions contributes to the treatment and cure of childhood cancer.
- Press release 2021: Caterpillar Energy Solutions Again Supports Pediatric Oncology Research in 2021
- Press release 2020: War on Cancer: Caterpillar Energy Solutions Supports Research of Pediatric Oncology Unit of University Medical Center Mannheim with €15,000
- Press release 2019: Caterpillar Energy Solutions Donates €10,000 to Pediatric Oncology Unit of University Medical Center Mannheim (UMM)
- Press release on the 2018 donation to the Pediatric Oncology unit of the University Medical Center Mannheim
- Press release on the 2017 donation to the Pediatric Oncology unit of the University Medical Center Mannheim
- University Medical Center Mannheim: Help Us Help Others—with Your Donation (in German)
Photo/graphic: © thamrongpat theerathammakorn/EyeEm , Adobe Stock